Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Not All Lilies Are Stinky

Hi, I'm Julie Klingaman with Grohe Florists in Rohnert Park. We often get phone calls for flowers and people ask us to please not use lilies because they think they're too stinky. I want to tell you that that is a misconception because not all lilies are stinky. Next to me I have some lilies in this bucket and the three larger headed ones over here are called Oriental Lilies and they do have a strong fragrance. But not all lilies do. I have two varieties over here. The smaller variety, an LA Hybrid Lily and an Asiatic Lily have no fragrance.

The next time you call and order flowers you could ask for non-fragrant lilies, they are available, and you don't have to have stinky lilies in your bouquets. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment